HIRE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Placing an order with us verbally, by phone, Internet or any other method of communication constitutes you having read, understood and agree to the following terms and conditions.
- Please read this agreement carefully. Upon entering into this agreement, you the hirer, agreed to be bound by the terms within.
- These are the only terms and conditions upon which will form a binding contract with you. No alteration or substitution to these terms and conditions shall be valid unless agreed in writing by Wedding Day Hire.
- Within these terms and conditions reference to “goods” “order/s” or “item/s” shall include vases, candelabras, table number holders, faux stoneware, and any other items hired by you from us under the contract for hire agreement.
- The period of hire covers 48hrs – we can be flexible on this at our own discretion. We reserve the right to collect hired items after midnight following your event as products may/could be needed for re-hire and will be required for quick ‘turn-around’ cleaning and prompt dispatch – under these circumstances this collection time is non-negotiable. We reserve the right to collect at this time without prior discussion. Flowers in containers will be removed and left at the venue. Any floral decorations which are strapped or taped to products may not be removed as often this can be difficult without destroying the arrangement.
- We reserve the right to substitute an item for an alternative design i.e. if breakages, delayed returns, lost items have occurred as a result of a previous customer order. Any necessary substitutions will be communicated prior to your order being dispatched.
- We reserve the right to withdraw our acceptance of your order if the goods requested are not readily available to us and will refund in full any payment you have made.
- We reserve the right to substitute an item for an alternative design i.e. if breakages have been incurred as a result of a previous customer order. Any necessary substitutions will be communicated prior to your order being dispatched.
- All goods hired will require a 50% non-refundable deposit at the time of the booking to secure the order. If the required delivery date is within 4 weeks of placing your order, full payment will be required/
- The balance of the complete cost of the hire(inclusive of the delivery and collection charge) is due for payment 4 weeks prior to the goods being dispatched. The preferred method of payment is by credit card or debit card either over the telephone or in person. We are happy to accept payment by bank transfer also. If paying by cheque, all cheques must be accompanied by a cheque guarantee card number and card expiry date – these details must be added to the back of the cheque prior to sending.
- If the balance payment is not received we reserve the right to withdraw our acceptance of your order. No delivery will be made without receipt of the balance.Delivery will not be made without receipt of the full invoiced balance and security deposit transaction.
- If you wish to arrange an extended hire, hold your hired goods for longer than the contracted period, please contact us in advance to check availability of the products and also the costs for the extended hire.
- No refunds or credits will be issued for any items that are returned unused.
- A security deposit must also be provided with the balance payment 4 weeks prior to the dispatch of the goods. The sum of money is dependant upon the value of the goods being supplied and is held as a deposit against the safe and prompt return of the goods under hire.
- The replacement cost of all losses and damages will be taken form the credit/debit card details held on file. This action will not be taken without prior discussion with the client.
- Substitute items will not be accepted and all damaged items remain the property of Wedding Day Hire and should therefore be returned.
CANCELLATION AND CHARGES
- If, for any reason, you wish to cancel your order you should telephone; 0787 639 4409/01767 641 429 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance. All cancellations or reductions in numbers of items to be hired must then be confirmed in writing and will only become effective on receipt of your cancellation email or letter.
- You will incur a cancellation charge based upon the value of the balance owing. This amount is dependent upon the length of notice we receive from you i.e.
- Cancellations made from 4 weeks prior to the date of delivery will be exempt from a cancellation charge. Note your 50% deposit is non-refundable but no charge will be levied against the balance owing.
- Cancellations made less than 4 weeks prior to the date of delivery will be charged at 75% of the balance owing on the total contract price.
- Cancellations made within 7 days of the delivery date will be charged at 100% of the balance owing on the contract price.
- Cancellation charges will automatically be deducted from your credit/debit card or added to your invoice.
- All goods remain the property of Wedding Day Hire, Early Sunrise, Great North Road, Sandy, Bedfordshire. SG19 2AJ.
DELIVERY AND COLLECTION
- Deliveries and collections will be made by a designated courier service or in person by a Wedding Day Hire representative using our own fully serviced vehicles. In some instances items can be collected from our premises by prior arrangement. Table number holders will be sent via Royal Mail. These packages will be sent using the Royal Mail recorded signed for delivery service. Wedding Day Hire will not be held responsible for non-delivery of any posted goods. All packages are issued with a tracking number for traceability whilst in transit.
- Delivery and collection charges are quoted on an individual basis, based on the location postcode. You or an appointed person will be required to inspect and sign for the goods at the time of delivery.
- Any person other than the hirer who signs a delivery/collection note at the venue is deemed to be authorised to do so. Any discrepancies to the order must be notified within 24 hours of the delivery. Any discrepancies that are not notified during this period will be exempt from any credit/refund.
- Please be aware that the goods remain your responsibility until they have been collected by Wedding Day Hire or by our designated courier service. You should therefore make every effort to ensure goods are kept dry and are retained in a secure place until this time. Goods that are not returned will be charged at the price quoted in your contract.
- Hired goods must be returned in their original packaging and packaged in accordance with the guidelines supplied. Failure to do so may result in breakages and therefore charges against your deposit. All items must be repacked and stored together ready for collection: any flowers or additional decoration must be removed. Wedding Day Hire is not responsible for gathering hired items and any additional work/delay incurred as a result of an order which has not been pre-packed for collection will be chargeable at an hourly rate of £25.00 + VAT. Please ensure that all containers are dry prior to placing in the packaging. Goods not available for collection on the agreed date and time will incur an additional collection fee plus a 25% of the listed hire price per item per day.
- We will make every effort to collect and deliver your order at the specified times however we will not be liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from any delay in the delivery or collection of the goods.
- Goods in your care shall remain your responsibility at all times.
- When goods are returned badly damaged in any way we have the right to charge you the replacement cost or treatment charge and add this to your invoice or deduct the amount from your deposit.
- Details of these charges are available upon request. The hirer shall be solely responsible for the hired goods. Hotels/venues/florists/wedding planners/ or any other third party involvement will be exempt from any responsibility regarding hired goods and will not be held accountable should any damage occur whilst in their possession.
- We warrant that at the time of delivery goods will be of satisfactory quality; however we are not liable for any damages or losses incurred during transit. We reserve the right to choose an appropriate replacement to your specified item should the necessity arise. Any necessary substitutions will be communicated to you prior to your order being dispatched.
- In no circumstances shall our liability to you exceed the invoice value of the contract.
- Wedding Day Hire or any of their employees shall not be liable in respect of damages/injury/loss or any other damage incurred in respect of this hire, as a result of any defect or damage to the item and the customer shall satisfy himself/herself of the suitability/condition/placement of the equipment upon receipt.
- Caution should be exercised in particular with the use of candles; we shall not be liable for any damage/injury/loss caused as a result of using candles. Permission should be sought from the venue as to the suitability of all items hired.
- These items and conditions and any contract formed between us shall be governed by the laws of England and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- If for any reason you are not entirely satisfied with your goods your statuatory rights are not affected and complaints can be made by telephoning; 0787 639 4409 or made in writing to Wedding Day Hire, Early Sunrise, Great North Road, Sandy, Bedfordshire. SG19 2AJ.
- Wedding Day Hire treats any personal information you provide in accordance with the provisions of the data protection act of 1998 and will only use the information you supply via this website to contact you in connection with services provided and/or to respond to requests you have made to provide any desired information.
- Use of the Wedding Day Hire website does not require you to disclose any personal information unless you make an enquiry or contact us directly via email.
- Wedding Day Hire does not sell, trade or rent your information to third parties.